Skip to content
Major research areas include:
- investigation of physical properties of rocks,
- measurements of rock strata deformations in situ,
- impacts of underground mining operation on the surface,
- numerical modelling,
- model testing on a loose media.
in the field of testing the physical properties of rocks:
- methods of testing the strain fluctuations in loose media,
- controlling the bending moment of an axially compressed sample,
- techniques of testing rock properties under elevated pressures,
- measurements of solid deformations under pressure,
- rock properties,
- testing methodology.
in the area of rock strata deformations:
- ground deformations,
- flexional deformations of lines and material surfaces,
- supplementing the existing Classification of Mine Area Protection to incorporate dynamic strain indicators,
- determining the impacts of periodic interruption of the underground face operations on the ground surface.
in the area of mathematical modelling:
- interactions between buildings and the ground being deformed,
- selection of material laws applicable to geological materials.
in the area of model testing of loose media:
- testing methodology,
- finding the optimal mining methods to minimise the surface impacts.