Project supported by the EU RFCS fund (contract no 800711) and Polish MNiSW No W93/FBWiS/2018.
Period: 1.09.2018 — 31.08.2021.
- Strata Mechanics Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences (IMG PAN) — project coordinator:
- Laboratory of Flow Metrology,
- Laboratory of Micrometrics,
- Laboratory of Mine Ventilation.
- Central Mining Institute (Główny Instytut Górnictwa, Poland),
- Imperial College London (United Kingdom),
- Eickhoff Bergbautechnik GmbH (Germany),
- Premogovnik Velenje (Slovenia),
- Polska Grupa Górnicza S.A. (Poland).
The aim of the project is to develop a prototype of the longwall shearer control system in order to eliminate or minimize undesirable and unplanned downtime in production due to exceeding the permissible gas emission values in mining areas of deep coal and lignite mines by monitoring the production process and the environment and appropriate to these conditions control of the equipment performance.
Contact person: Assoc. Prof. Jerzy Krawczyk