On November 6-8, 2019, IMG PAN employees were participants of the XXVI International Scientific and Technical Conference "Górnicze Zagrożenia Naturalne 2019". The topics of the conference included:
- seismic and rock burst hazards,
- aerological hazards,
- safety at work in mining,
- economic aspects of mining hazards prevention,
- control of longwall stability,
- natural hazards in closed mines (MERIDA project).
As part of the session "Natural hazards in closed mines", led by MERIDA project manager, dr hab. inż. Alicja Krzemień, two presentations from IMG PAN employees were given:
- Mateusz Dudek Ground movement model and risk assessment at Anna and Candin mines,
- Jerzy Krawczyk Modelling of gas emission from closed underground coal mines exploited by longwall mining.